Welcome and Feel Right at Home!
We want you to feel like you are at home when you visit ReGenesis. We strive to offer the kind of care that the families in our community need. Our friendly and professional staff is here to help you with any questions or concerns you might have. We hope you and your family will enjoy our comfortable and convenient healthcare locations spread across Spartanburg County, Cherokee County, and Union County, SC.
Our providers, doctors, and clinical support team are dedicated to staying on top of the latest advancements in family medicine and pediatric care. We want to offer your family only the best healthcare available with each and every visit.
We Listen and Then We Talk
We believe that excellent healthcare starts with open lines of communication, so we strive to listen and offer comprehensive plans in return. This means you should come ready to tell us all about who you are, what you do, and what you are experiencing. We will then speak candidly with you about your symptoms, potential health concerns, or confirmed diagnosis. We will also talk to you about our recommended treatments and alternative treatments that will help you combat any health problems you might face.
You should never feel like your doctors are talking over your head without even listening to your concerns or ideas. We believe our patients are a part of our team, and we know you are more invested in your own health than we ever could be. Let us help you achieve better health by partnering with us as you and your family’s first choice for a health provider! You are taking a step in the right direction just by setting up your first appointment with us.
You don’t have to face health issues or concerns by yourself. We are here to help you every step of the way, and we look forward to your first visit with us!
PATIENT-CENTERED MEDICAL HOME
Patient-Centered Medical Home means that we are available during and after office hours:
- We want you to see the same provider at every visit; however, your own provider may be fully booked. Therefore, we will assist you in seeing one of our other providers to avoid delays.
- We routinely have evening hours at some of our locations.
- We keep several appointments open for each provider for same-day appointments.
- We offer appropriate medical advice and information during office hours.
- We have a Nurse on Call (864-582-2411) after hours and weekends when the office is closed.
Patient-Centered Medical Home means we use "Evidenced Based Care” for short and long-term illnesses:
- We care for short-term illnesses and manage long-term chronic diseases. We also offer Dental Services, in addition to offering prescription services through our Pharmacy.
- Behavioral Health Counseling (BHC) is offered to New Patients who express an interest in seeing a ReGenesis Health Care (RHC) Behavioral Health specialist by referral after an initial NEW PATIENT visit has been completed with an RHC Primary Care Provider.
- BHC is also available to active, established patients by requesting a referral from their PCP during a visit, by phone message to their PCP/nursing staff, or by requesting an appointment from the front desk staff.
Patient-Centered Medical Home means we organize your health care outside our practice:
- We keep track of Lab Tests, Imaging Studies, and Referrals ordered for you.
- We help you make specialist appointments and monitor to see if you have gone to these appointments.
- We have processes to ensure all test results return to your provider for review.
- We obtain records from ER visits and Hospital stays so your records remain updated. You may contact the Health Information Department at 864-582-2817 ext. 3615 if you need to obtain your medical records.
Patient-Centered Medical Home means we expect you to be an active participant in the self-management of your healthcare:
- You will agree to keep all scheduled appointments at our office and with any specialists.
- You will be open and honest in providing your doctor with your health-related information.
- You will participate in developing an action plan to assist with self-management care.
- You will notify us if your insurance, prescription coverage or financial situation changes.
Patient-Centered Medical Home means we actively seek to improve the quality of our services:
- We respect your privacy and keep your patient health information confidential.
- We ask for your input for improvement efforts through suggestion boxes and satisfaction surveys.
- We are committed to providing quality, affordable care to everyone regardless of their ability to pay and no patient will be denied health services due to an individual's inability to pay for such services.
- To ensure access to care, RHC provides services at a discounted (sliding fee) rate to patients whose total household income falls within certain parameters of the Federal Poverty Guidelines as published by the US Department of Health and Human Services. Any patient desiring to apply for health insurance can visit www.healthcare.gov to review their options.